Saturday 6 June 2015

Pulsating Wreck

RALEIGH PULSAR WRECK
Take a look at the state of this poor old thing! It is over 30 years old, I know this, as I can remember when it was bought. May 1985 to be precise. A friend asked me to restore it and being the adventurous chap I am, I will have a good stab off it.
Raleigh Pulsar
This bike sported Oval Tubing in '85 and it was a very cool looking machine indeed. There was a Quasar too which had 501 and higher spec.

 At least the 'Raleigh' badge looks cool!

It's the Space Shuttle, still a marvel in the mid 80s!

 18-23 Controlled Carbon High Tensile

Even the handlebar was a special shape.


 Oh, Oh! Rust never sleeps!

Wire brush, sandpaper, elbow grease!


 Shizen! A crack in the right rear chainstay!
Looks like it's Good Night Vienna!


No comments:

Post a Comment